The Orillia Lions Club formed the Beaverton Club in 1947 and presented us with our gong. The official chartering took place on January 20, 1948 with 31 charter members.
Over the years the Club has met at different venues. The longest running venue was at the I00F hall where for many years the meals were provided by the Rebecca Ladies. In 1967 the club moved to raise the price of meals to $1.25 plus 0.25 cent tip. Incidentally the Bulletin cost 0.03 cents to mail that year. Due to the size of the club we moved to the Beaverton Curling Club in 2014.